Friday, 9 December 2011


Innocent is a thriller about a journalist who is being questioned by a police detective about a murder of a woman, which he believes that he is being framed for because the woman was going to give him information on police corruption.  It turns out that the detective killed the woman because she knew too much information. I wrote the script for the film as well as co-directed and edited the film with another person. I starred in the film as well as the detective this was because the short amount of time we had for the production.
Blind justice is a drama about a three youths who steal money from a blind girl after she fell down a set of stairs. The reason why they took the money is because one of the youths needed money quick so they could payback a loan shark who has a history of violence. This was a group project and the areas that I worked on were to help with is the script, like how to make the scenes have more of an impact. I all so gave insight on how to film the scenes.

I found the film ‘’Ryan’’ very striking in the way that it is filmed with the handheld style makes you feel like you are in the surrounds of the boy. It makes you up close with the boy seeing what he is seeing and with the film in black and white ads to the gritty and a very real look. The way the sound brings impact to the film how it is shape and makes it stand out and draws you to the screen. The story is well done in not going down same paths that other films do.

I have always been interested in the film industry through writing and making short films to how actual films are made.  What has attracted me to the filmmaking course is the variety of areas that the course covers in filmmaking. Not just in the practical side but also the amount of detail, planning and research that you have to study, which has always interested me as much as the actual making of the films. This is because I believe strong research and planning will bring work to a professional standard and the course offers how to achieve these skills. As well as the course going into different narratives structures, which is something that I always wanted to understand more, like covering race, identity and other areas would widen my understandings of the structures.

When I went on to the online cinema and viewed past students of the course work and the variety different types of film. The different styles and types of film that have been made are very impressive and is something that I wish I had the chance to make. While on the course you would have to work in a group or individually which are areas that I have become used to working in and doing it at a higher level, would open up to my own work ability.

The main reason I am attracted to the course at Manchester Metropolitan University is because it has been highly recommend to me by people who have been their also by my current tutors. They have said that high quality work that has been made and the knowledge of the people who run the course is outstanding. They have also said that the variety of work that you have to do on the course is very interesting and challenging.

No comments:

Post a Comment